Our Wound Care Program
At McKesson Patient Care Solutions, we understand the wound care products we supply are important to patients’ quality of life. Our wound care program can be described in three words – Products, Service and Support. Healthcare professionals, patients and insurance payers can have peace of mind knowing patients are able to receive medical supplies they need. MPCS ships supplies directly to patients and bills the patients’ insurance on their behalf.
Our wound care program can be used by:
- Home Health Agencies
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Outpatient Wound Care Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Physician Offices
- Health Systems
- Hospital discharge planners
- Case managers
More Products to Meet More Wound Care Needs
MPCS offers an extensive inventory of wound care products representing the industry’s leading manufacturers such as Coloplast, ConvaTec, Derma Sciences, Ferris Mfg.Corp., Hollister, Kendall, Molnlycke and Systageix. McKesson Brands’ private label options are available. Brand requests are typically honored if products are stocked by MPCS. We ship wound care products directly to patients’ homes or alternate care sites across the United States. Supplies are shipped from one of McKesson’s nationwide distribution centers.
Exceptional Service for Healthcare Professionals and Patients
We also provide these services to our customers:
- Initial patient orders shipped for delivery next business day.1 There is no charge for standard shipping.
- Patients who reorder typically receive products within one to two business days.
- Representatives are available to take orders and answer questions about products.
- We are a contracted supplier with hundreds of managed care payers and are a participating provider with Medicare and many Medicaid plans.
- Insurance specialists verify products and quantities of reimbursable supplies the patients' insurance will allow.
- A variety of ordering options (phone, fax and electronic).
More Clinical Support Helps Deliver More Effective Care
In keeping with a commitment to patient care, healthcare providers have access to our wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) nurses. These knowledgeable clinicians are able to:
- Provide specialized support regarding product choices and insurance coverage guidelines.
- Assist healthcare professionals with their patients' resupply plans.
- With healthcare provider's consent, answer patients' questions regarding product use.
Our commitment to Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) patients
We demonstrate our focus on patient care and exceptional service through a commitment to patients with a rare disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). EB is an inherited connective tissue disorder that results in blisters in the skin, mucosal membranes or internal organs. Individuals who suffer from EB have such fragile skin that even the slightest touch may cause painful wounds and blisters. EB patients are extremely susceptible to infection and many require extensive wound care. EB is a rare, genetic disease and has no cure.
Our dedicated team of product and insurance specialists work directly with more than 500 EB families nationwide to help them obtain reimbursable products through their health insurance for this devastating disease. Learn more about our commitment to EB patients and their families by visiting our dedicated website www.ebnurse.org.
1 Shipping is contingent upon receiving product authorization from the insurance payer and does not apply to incontinence products and breast pumps.